MyTimetable 2.2 is currently in the state: deprecated. No further development is expected except for critical bug fixes. It is tracked using the git branch:
MyTimetable 2.2 focuses on desktop interface improvements, code refactoring and several small interface improvements.
All work involved in upgrading to the latest MyTimetable version (configuration, building, testing) is free of charge for our customers with a Software Assurance support agreement.
- Calendar navigation improvements — The calendar views have been refactored and the previous, today and next buttons have moved to the calendar views. Also, the calendar top bar has been redesigned and the 'list' and 'list (condensed)' views have been integrated to limit the number of tabs:
- Overlapping activities — Overlapping activities in the list view can now be highlighted. When hovering over an overlapping activity, its concurrent activities are shown:
- Warning message — A message can be shown in the activity list, next to a timetable. This can be used to show the value of a user text field of the specific entity:
- Subscription list export — The PDF and CSV export now support exporting the list of timetables of the current user:
- Student set selection — It is now possible to change the student sets selected for a subscription, and to select multiple student sets (where applicable).
- Draft status by activity tag — The draft status of a timetable activity can now be determined from the tags of the activity.
- Student search — The add student timetable dialog now supports searching for a student in a similar view to the other timetable types (optional).
- Module viewer improvements — The module viewer now supports linking to a certain timetable including a timetable selection, more information is available at: URL parameters.
- iCalendar feed names — The iCalendar feed names have been changed to incorporate information about the subscription(s) being exported.
- Web font icons — Several of the smaller icons in the interface now use a web font instead of an image. This makes it possible to easily change the colour of these elements to match the corporate styling of the customer.
- Drop down menu improvements — The drop down menus now feature a small delay to make it easier to navigate the menus.
- LDAP roles by DN — An
DnRolesLdapUserDetailsMapperwas added to support retrieving LDAP roles using the users login name or organizational unit instead of LDAP groups.
- Export URL — The exporter code has been refactored and the export URL has been shortened to
- Settings dialog — The settings dialog has been refactored to match the rest of the interface.
- iCalendar feed result limiting — It is possible to limit the iCalendar feed results to a number of weeks before and after the current date.
API: fetch timetable by hostkey — It is now possible to retrieve a timetable using the configured hostkey, instead of the identifier, with the parameters
- Zimbra pre-auth filter — It is now possible to use Zimbra pre-auth to authenticate with MyTimetable.
- Mobile logout button — A button was added to perform a logout in the mobile interface.
Non-functional, technical and back-end changes
The following changes have been made to the MyTimetable backend and underlying software, and have no direct impact on MyTimetable functionality:
- The Infinispan cache is now fully cluster compatible, using a JGroups cluster. See Clustering configuration for more information.
- The incremental build process has been (partially) fixed, which improved MyTimetable rebuild times.
- SAPSSO integration has moved to the main branch (from the Maastricht University branch), to support future development.
- Dozer has been replaced by manually generated object copying, to enforce static type checking and ease refactoring.
- Upgrades of dependencies:
- Spring (3.2.2.RELEASE)
- CXF (2.7.4)
- Commons IO (2.4)
- Spring Security SAML (1.0.0-RC2)
- Spring Security Oauth2 (1.0.3.RELEASE)
- SLF4J (1.7.5)
- log4j (1.2.17)
- c3p0 (0.9.2.1)
- MySQL connector (5.1.24)
- Ehcache (2.6.5)
- Joda time (2.2)
- Javassist (3.17.1-GA)
- Waffle (1.5)
- Gradle (1.4)
- Infinispan (5.3.0.Beta2)
Removed and deprecated features
The following features from earlier MyTimetable versions have been deprecated, removed, or partially removed and are not supported anymore:
- Tomcat 6 and Java 6 support has been deprecated, since Java 6 is end of life. We recommend upgrading to Tomcat 7 and Java 7.
- Eclipse support has been removed. Eveoh moved to IntelliJ IDEA a while ago, and thus we cannot support the Eclipse build environment anymore.