MyTimetable 2.3 is currently in the state: deprecated. No further development is expected except for critical bug fixes. MyTimetable 2.3 is tracked using the git branch:
MyTimetable 2.3 focussed on redesigning the 'timetable type' support of MyTimetable. A new 'add timetable' dialog was introduced, and the process of adding a timetable was further refined.
All work involved in upgrading to the latest MyTimetable version (configuration, building, testing) is free of charge for our customers with a Software Assurance support agreement.
- Reworked timetable type support and add dialog — The new 'add timetable' menu and dialog match the styling of the new export menu from MyTimetable 2.2.
- POS group filters — The add POS timetable dialog includes the ability to filter on a POS group. This filter can be applied multiple times, in multiple levels.
- Parent zone support — Syllabus Plus parent zones are fully supported and include locations from child zones.
- Datepicker hiding — The datepicker will be hidden when a predefined period has been selected, because it is of no use at that moment.
- Mobile interface improvements — Added draft markers and database year switch to the mobile interface.
- iCalendar feed improvements — Option added to add the activity type to the iCalendar feed. Removed the X-PUBLISHED-TTL header, to allow Outlook users to update by pressing 'Send/Receive' in their client.
- Highlight concurrency mode improvements — The option to highlight concurrent activities is now saved in the user profile and persisted across sessions. Only the no-highlight/highlight options are saved, the 'only show concurrent' option falls back to 'highlight' to prevent users accidentally forgetting activities. Also, an option was added to ignore concurrency within the same module.
- Timetable view / location view state persisted in cookie — When visiting MyTimetable or when logging in, the last view will be restored (timetable view or location view), depending on a cookie on the users' pc.
- Export profile option added — An option was added to export the list of subscriptions of a user.
- Logo added to help page.
- Many, many, many bugfixes and other small improvements were made, in total 217 commits were done between version 2.2 and 2.3.
Non-functional, technical and back-end changes
The following changes have been made to the MyTimetable backend and underlying software, and have no direct impact on MyTimetable functionality:
- Incremental rendering used on more places in the application, to prevent unresponsive browsers.
- Change of logging framework to Logback.
- Upgrades of dependencies:
- Spring (3.2.3.RELEASE)
- Spring Security (3.1.4.RELEASE)
- AspectJ (1.7.3)
- Infinispan (5.3.0.Final)
- Javassist (3.18.0-GA)
- jTDS (1.2.8)
- CXF (2.7.5)
Removed and deprecated features
The following features from earlier MyTimetable versions have been deprecated, removed, or partially removed and are not supported anymore: