MyTimetable 3.9 is currently in the state: deprecated. No further development is expected except for critical bug fixes. We recommend customers to upgrade to this version. MyTimetable 3.9 is tracked using the git branch
MyTimetable 3.9 includes some additions to make life better for customers using automated timetable generation based on enrolments in a student information systems. Students can now easily see which activities they are enroled in, and change the selection if they want. These developments were sponsored by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
All work involved in upgrading to the latest MyTimetable version (configuration, building, testing) is free of charge for our customers with a Software Assurance or All-In support agreement.
- Fine grained admin permissions — There are now configuration options available to limit access to the administrative panel. This allows user groups to only have access to a subset of the admin functionality (e.g., only user listings and impersonation, or only the publication rules).
- Sidebar design tweaks — The sidebar in the desktop interface is somewhat wider now and various option selection panels take up the full width of the sidebar, allowing for easier navigation.
- Allow group and activity selection for auto-added timetables and split selection in enroled/not-enroled — A user can now add additional groups to their automatically added timetables, and is given guidance on activities which activities the user is enroled in. This functionality is optional and dependent on the exact customer situation.
- Mobile option selection — It is now possible to select timetable options (i.e., groups) from the mobile interface.
- Enrolment status — The interface now has the option to show enrolment status to the user. This way a user can see if he is actually enroled in an activit
- Icons in the interface now use SVGs — We introduced a new set of icons in the interface, based on SVG images. This means icons are now perfectly aligned and display well on all resolutions. We also fixed the date picker month selection buttons, which were a little small on Mac OS Mojave.
- Small design tweakers to the menu — The menu in the desktop interface was slightly changed, to look more modern and make sure the (optional) Feedback button does not cover the other buttons.
- Date range in footer of PDF exports — Various PDF exports now show the export date range in the footer of the export, making it clearer which year is being exported.
- Help page improvements — Various sections of the help page were updated or improved.
- Publication rules: added button to delete entire rule — A button was added to the publication rule engine in the administrative interface, allowing deletion of an entire rule.
- Various other small bug fixes and optimisations.
Non-functional, technical and back-end changes
The following changes have been made to the MyTimetable backend and underlying software, and have no direct impact on MyTimetable functionality:
Removed and deprecated features
The following features from earlier MyTimetable versions have been deprecated, removed, or partially removed and are not supported anymore:
- Windows Phone 7 is no longer supported. Various statistics show this OS is no longer used by end users.