MyTimetable 3.2 is currently in the state 'stabilizing'. We believe the software is production-ready, but are still implementing small fixes and features. Customers are recommended to upgrade to this version. MyTimetable 3.2 is tracked using the git branch
MyTimetable 3.1 contains some features that have been moved from 3.0, and is currently still work in progress.
All work involved in upgrading to the latest MyTimetable version (configuration, building, testing) is free of charge for our customers with a Software Assurance or All-In support agreement.
- Support for Semestry TermTime was added — MyTimetable now features support for Semestry TermTime. Not all features have been implemented yet, but we will work with Semestry's customers on adding as many features as necessary for a great user experience.
- Web Room Booking support in S+ provider — The Syllabus Plus provider now offers the possibility to show a user's web room bookings in the interface as a separate timetable (based on the username included in the web room booking).
- API: deduplicate activities by default — Previously activities returned from API requests would not be deduplicated (i.e., each activity always belonged to one subscription/timetable key). This has now been fixed. We do not anticipate any issues for existing API users as the data format has not been changed.
- Excel export added — An export to Excel XLSX format was added, similarly to the CSV export. At the same time, the default separator for the CSV export was changed to a comma, as the semi-colon was only a workaround for Excel oddities.
- PDF font improvements — The PDF exports now use proper bold and oblique fonts.
- Several URL parameters added —
termwere added to the desktop website. See URL parameters for more information.
Non-functional, technical and back-end changes
The following changes have been made to the MyTimetable backend and underlying software, and have no direct impact on MyTimetable functionality:
Many dataprovider specific configuration properties have been renamed. This allows us to publish timetables from different software products in the same MyTimetable instance.
- 'Orphaned' external calendaring synchronisations are now automatically cleaned up.
- SAML IdP metadata can now be read from a file instead of an URL.
- Custom roles are now properly supported when using Windows (Waffle) authentication.
- Various performance improvements were implemented, which should lead to less deadlocks in the user preferences database and overall faster request processing.
- Many dependencies were upgraded, the most important ones:
- Spring Integration (4.2.4)
- Spring Security (3.2.9)
- Commons Collection (3.2.2)
- Jackson (2.7.2)
- Active MQ (5.13.2)
- Guava (19)
- Joda Time (2.9.2)
- Flyway (4.0)
- HikariCP (2.4.4)
- Logback (1.1.6)
- Slf4j (1.7.18)
- CXF (3.1.5)
Removed and deprecated features
The following features from earlier MyTimetable versions have been deprecated, removed, or partially removed and are not supported anymore:
- Support for Scientia RDB versions before 3.2.0 was dropped.