To upgrade ActiveMQ, simply reinstall it to a new directory. The steps to do this are:
- Download the latest supported version of ActiveMQ. See Software packages and download locations for the exact version and location.
- Stop the ActiveMQ service.
- In case of Windows, uninstall the old ActiveMQ Windows service by running
$activemq\bin\win64\UnInstallService.bat from an elevated command prompt.
- Follow the installation instructions from Installing ActiveMQ (Microsoft Windows) and Configuring ActiveMQ. It is possible to copy the keystore files,
jetty-realm.properties from the old ActiveMQ service.
- Start the new ActiveMQ service.
- Remove the old ActiveMQ directory if the new one works successfully.